Thursday, April 4, 2013

Sugar Scrub & Bath Fizzies

Yesterday I sat and made bags, I have a huge package of scrap book paper that I won't be using and I thought it would be fun to make bags. I made little tiny ones just for my soaps and a little bigger ones for lots more soap! It was fun and really made me use my mind with dimensions and sizing. Here is a picture of some
of the bags:
The small ones are perfect for a bar of soap!


Today I've been up to other shenanigans, I've been making Acne Sugar Scrub! I put all my dry ingredients in my large mixing bowl. Using the dough hooks, I mixed the sugar, baking soda and herbs real well. I sterilized all the things I would be using with 100 proof, 50% alcohol.

I never touch isopropyl alcohol, it is bad for the body! If you've read The Cure for All Diseases by Hulda Clark then you already know this. The only things I use for sterilizing are food grade peroxide and the strongest vodka or grain alcohol I can find or citric acid. Sometimes a combination of vodka and citric acid. You can use these in place of the so called "sanitizers" out on the market.

Even bleach isn't bleach anymore. There are only 2 food safe bleaches out there! Bright and Clorox Germicidal-and both are difficult to find. Isopropyl alcohol is an irritant of the skin and eyes, OSHA states that problems occur within 3 minutes of exposure! It can cause dizziness, narcosis-with nausea and low blood pressure, OSHA reports that bradycardia, a slowing of the heartbeat, has been observed after oral ingestion of isopropyl alcohol solutions of 25 ml to 100 ml of water. These findings were noted in "Proctor and Hughes' Chemical Hazards of the Workplace" by Hathaway and Proctor. When absorbed through the skin, isopropyl alcohol can lead to extreme difficulties in breathing and eventual coma or death. OSHA reports that skin contact is common when children are treated with isopropyl alcohol sponge baths to treat fever, resulting in cases of serious poisoning.
According to "The Cure for All Cancers-by Hulda Clark "cancer patients (100%) have both isopropyl alcohol and the intestinal fluke in their livers. The solvent, isopropyl alcohol, is responsible for letting the fluke establish itself in the liver. In order to get cancer, you must have both the parasite and isopropyl
alcohol in your body." (Page 1) "BUT SOMETHING SPECIAL HAPPENS TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL IN THEIR BODIES.The liver is unable to trap and kill these tiny fluke stages. These baby-stages are actually allowed to make their home in the liver and other tissues. It is as if the immune system has no power to kill them. The flukes begin to multiply in people with isopropyl alcohol in their bodies! The miracidia (hatchlings) start to make little balls inside themselves, called redia4. But each redia (ball) is alive! It pops itself out of the miracidia and begins to reproduce itself. 40 redia can each make 40 more redia! And all of this out of one egg! This parasite is laying eggs and producing millions of redia
right in your body! In your cervix or lungs, wherever your cancer is growing! These redia are swept along in your blood, landing in whatever tissue lets them in. Smokers' lungs, breasts with benign lumps, prostate glands full of heavy metals are examples of tissues that give the redia their landing permits5." (page 5)

So to make a long story short-don't use isopropyl alcohol or any other chemical solvent if you can find a natural alternative! It's best to be health minded and not do ourselves harm in the crusade to "kill germs". If you genuinely feel the need to use an antibacterial solution use water mixed with vodka or grain alcohol in a spritz bottle or make up some disposable towelettes from benzene free paper towels.

Anyway, on with the sugar scrub.....
Next I added all the oils (Argan, Sesame, Shea butter and essential oils, Vitamin E-50 and ginseng) and the Jeecide-a preservative to prevent mold and nasty things from growing. This one doesn't have as many side effects as some I've seen and it's used at a very small 1-2% ratio. A necessary evil to keep a different evil at bay-sigh, wouldn't it be great if we didn't have to be so careful at such a microscopic level?


















I continued mixing and enjoyed the scents of all the herbs and  essential oils as they blended...then I portioned them out into sterilized containers. My skin is looking forward to a good scrub! ;) It has a beautiful smell and color.



Next up, bath fizzies! I have some strawberry-kiwi koolaid, baking soda and cornstarch to put together!

I'm using a simple recipe from Arm & Hammer. Baking soda, strawberry-kiwi koolaide, Argan oil, cornstarch and a few drips of water. The picture isn't showing how pretty pink it is unfortunately. It smells wonderful! MMMMMMMMMM!

I used little cups from the dollar tree. Now to let them dry and I get to have a nice bath with a wonderful strawberry-kiwi scent....What a fun little project!

Meanwhile back at the soap shop....my husband is working hard on making me a wire cutter! I still have 3 loaves of soap to cut and I have five new ideas for some soaps to try...I can hardly wait!!! God bless!

***Update** I used a few of these-holy cow did it make my skin soft! Wow! Good choice on oils and scents!







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those look awesome. I found a food slicer made just like a soap cuter for twelve bucks. It is too bad that soap cutters have to be so expensive. Take a look at this, I promis it is not an affilliate link. http://www.amazon.com/Dream-Products-Deluxe-Food-Slicer/dp/B00AW0B2GO/ref=sr_1_84?ie=UTF8&qid=1365434607&sr=8-84&keywords=deli+slicer

MJR Soaps Marla Riedling said...

Nice Cutter Elezibeth! If only it were an inch thick! :) My husband has all the parts to build a nice wire cutter. He's trying to find time to get it done. He's working on our taxes this week...I'm impatiently waiting! Ha ha!