Tuesday, April 16, 2013

More Hemp Milk

Since I have this Hemp Milk I figure I better get to making soap! I don't know how long it lasts once it's open. I made 2 loaves of Hemp Milk Soap and used Hemp Oil in it as well. I wanted to see how it would look. It turned out very pretty! A light yellow in color. My camera isn't doing it justice:
I sculpted the tops and it looks very elegant. It has several essential oils for healthy skin and smells like a forest! Fresh and invigorating.
I also rebatched the original Hemp Milk Soap.
It will probably lighten up some as it cures. It is a very pretty light brown and smells like Grapefruit Ginger, very nice. Rebatching takes the PH down further for a milder soap. I have to make one more Hemp Milk Soap, it will be back to the pure white of the first batch:
Original non-gelled Hemp Milk Soap
I rebatched it because it had circles in every bar where it had started to gel. Unattractive. I will try again in the future to do an ungelled batch, I will have to keep it even colder than this time. and maybe put ice packs around it in the refridgerator! That's a lot of hassle to keep a bar white. This bar below was allowed to gel and is a beautiful white! It has both goat milk and buttermilk in it. I don't mind rebatching though, it always makes the soap milder with a lower PH. I get closer to 7 all the time! :)



I still plan to do my Cotton Candy Swirl, Peppermint Swirl and Bubble Gum Swirls but I need a few ingredients so that got sidelined for now while I wait for my order to come in. While I wait I will probably do some Flax Milk Soap.

Isn't it amazing all the neat milks there are out there? I drink Almond Milk and have made every type of nut into milks. My favorite is raw cashew nut milk, it is amazingly rich and satisfying! It has good oils in it and although a bit higher in calories it is just a very delicious nut milk! I grind them in a coffee grinder, then put it into a blender with water and ice. You can add sweeteners, salt or thickeners but I just drink it plain. Try it sometime, you just might like it! Ta ta for now! Talk to you soon.


No comments: