Monday, April 29, 2013

Playing Catch Up

So many soaps have come and gone since I last wrote! My goodness! I have done 5 soaps since the last time I posted!  Time for some catch up!

On April 20th I made 2 soaps: one more Hemp Milk Soap batch to finish off the hemp milk, and a Pink Bubble Bum Bath Bar. I let the Hemp Milk gel this time and it turned out a very pretty beige, no odd circles, very soft and creamy, the Pink Bubble Gum Bars are very hard-almost crumbly! I used 2 different colors-one pink and one nearly orange. I'll be watching them to see if they change color as they cure.
Hemp Milk Bar
Pink Bubble Gum Bars




On the 26th I did three more soaps, a Dark Spice Soap,a Calendula Soap and a Home Made Ice Cream  Soap. I will be cutting them today! Here they are:
Dark Spice, Calendula and Home Made Ice Cream Loaves
Home-Made Ice Cream Soap
One of my favorite things as a child and young adult was when my mom made us ice cream! She used lots of lemon and vanilla extract so that is what is in my soap! It smells just like my child hood memories! It is a very white soap-it is also a goat milk and buttermilk soap. It was put straight into the refrigerator to keep it from gelling and losing the scent Should be a very creamy lathering soap when cured! I can hardly wait to try some out!
Dark Spice
The Dark Spice Soap is another version of my regular spice soap I wanted it to be a darker richer color so I used some cinnamon sugar instead of plain cinnamon. I'd say it succeeded quite well! The Dark Spice soap is a hot processed soap. Smells sooo good!
Calendula
The Calendula Soap is a soap I wanted to have on hand for skin problems that I'm sure will be coming soon. I sprinkled the top with some calendula petals and some yellow pearl dust to make it pretty but the oil in the soap has been infused with Calendula to really help the skin. With the spring and summer months come mosquitoes  ants, poison oak, ivy and sumac and the list goes on! It is the only bad thing about Kentucky! So I wanted a good skin itch relieving soap. I am also planning to make some Jewel Weed salve and maybe some Jewel Weed soap for the same reasons. I plan to make and fill several spray bottles with some natural pest repellents too! Do you have a good recipe you want to share? I have several but am not sure which one I want to use this year. Last year if was a mix of Citronella, Clove, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, witch hazel and water. I'm looking around to see if there are any out there I might like better! If you have a good recipe, post it! I'm always happy to share any recipe if asked! :)

Last night I came up with a humdinger of an idea for 2 soaps! I already have three more soaps planned but these new ones are going to take some time! They will be special UK soaps for the show in September. I was so excited thinking about them I had a very hard time going to sleep last night! Take care and talk to you soon!  Marla, MJR Soaps

No comments: