Friday, April 12, 2013

Pictures of 4 Soaps after Cut

At long last we got the soap cut. Here are a few pictures:
Mantra Swirl, LillyPad, Maple Cornbread & Lemongrass

Lemongrass
Lime Margarita Lily Pad Swirl
Maple Cornbread

Pastel Primary Mantra Swirl


 Each soap was made with nearly the same oils, 2 had added Shea Butter, yet each one looks, feels and smells very different from the rest! The purple in the Lily Pad soap somehow went to invisible or brown. Not sure how that happened, usually whatever color I use with iron oxides it stays that color. I was very surprised to see this! The Maple Cornbread has some ash on the top but it looks great on it! Like flour was sprinkled on it. I like it and think I'll let it stay. The embeds in the lemon grass soap worked out nicely, I could have used more of them but I didn't want to overwhelm the bar so only did half with Rose Soap and Spring Rain Soap. The Mantra Swirl Soap is very soft, it may take a while to harden, not sure why. All in all they turned out great, I hadn't tried goats milk and buttermilk as a combo before so wasn't sure what to expect.

I'm doing a few other things at present but plan to get back to making more soap soon. I'm planning a cotton candy swirl, peppermint swirl and a bubblegum swirl using frosting creations flavor mixes. The Wilton Yellow Pearl Dust did a great job coloring the lemon soap I made previously and the Wilton Goldenrod Color Dust did a nice job on the Mantra Swirl. It kept the color both times. Yellow is a color I haven't found a good source for on iron oxide so I got inventive! The frosting creations flavor mixes contain Yellow 5 Lake, Red 40 Lake, and Blue 2 Lake food colorants in them, we'll see if they can hold up to a full gel! Until next time have a wonderful day!



No comments: