Thursday, September 5, 2013

Making some soaps for the fall season

Hello!

Well the Ebay idea has taken off! I went ahead and opened a store with them and am selling a whole lot more regularly and even have some repeat business coming in! :) There is nothing more exciting than when my phone goes "cha-ching" and I know I just sold some soap! I've been keeping my mail lady busy that's for sure! Thanks to a box manufacturer in Louisville and Endicia, I can pack, weigh, print and ship right from home. Endicia has saved me lots of postage and I love that I don't have to have the shipping price on the shipping label.

Today I made more Citrus Melon Hemp Milk soap as I'm down to 4 bars and it is selling well. It is such a skin healthy soap for eczema types of problems, I have had lots of great feedback on the Hemp Milk soaps! My husband is still using it every day and his skin looks really good! For a while he kept breaking out and having odd skin patches here and there but since he started using the Hemp milk soap it's all gone!

As for me, I trade off on the various soaps I have-I love them all! My favorites are hard for me to say because I genuinely love all the different soaps! :) My skin is aging very well, it stays soft and moist. Using home made soap and Argan oil has made the difference for me.

I have been wanting to make some flax soap and today I did it! It was just as easy as making hemp milk soap. No problem! Using coconut, olive, sweet almond, safflower, shea butter and a 1 oz of castor oil to be assured of good bubbles! A very rich nourishing, moisturizing soap. This soap has Neroli and Orange Oil in it along with some peach soap colorant, a pale orange color. Smells absolutely divine! As always, I can hardly wait for it to cure so I can try it! Sometimes I feel worse than a kid in a candy store whose favorite candy won't be in for a month! At least I get to smell it and peek at it while I wait...:)

Flax is good for so many things! Skin, hair, hormones etc. Full of Omega 3's and Lignans to help the hormones in a positive way. I regularly add ground flax seed to my morning Nutribullet. Maybe I should drink flax milk too? I've read many positive reports about it. I'll let you know if I go for it! (At present I drink Almond Milk.)

More goat milk soaps will need to be made as my Apple Cinnamon GM is nearly gone. I adore that soap! Smells so nice and feels so good on the skin! I'm definitely hooked on Milk Soaps of all types!

My Calendula soap is not a milk soap but it too has found a following so I will need to make more of that soon too. It is fantastic for itchy skin and for insect bites! I've used it a lot this summer.. And the Sea Soap  (Kelp Soap) is running low and that is on my to do list as well. I'm happy to be busy and making soap again! Making soap is fun, and always brings me peace. Go figure? Ha ha!

Anyone ever heard of pumpkin vanilla? I'm going to try to find or make a scent like that for the fall season. Pumpkin soap for sure. Last time I made it a hot processed style-it looked like pumpkin bread! Smelled like it too! This time I may make a tiger stripe or layer pumpkin with another color and smell. Still thinking.
I also have lots of fresh basil in my garden and want to make some type of basil soap. Maybe basil extract or basil infused oil. Still thinking. I also have fresh Thyme and am thinking how to use that as well.

Each month I make a tiny container of coconut oil and baking soda to brush my teeth with. I add various things at times. Last month I tried clove oil, the month before that vanilla extract, this month I decided to put a few drops of lemon and vanilla extracts. It smells so nice! The day after I made it something unusual happened-it turned pinkish purple! It still smells nice and works great on my teeth but it is now a plum color! I used Wilton extracts-clear ones. The month I put vanilla in I used ordinary brown vanilla and it never turned any colors. Isn't that odd? Some kind of chemical reaction happening, my teeth have never looked whiter though so I will use it and next month try something else.

Well time for me to get some supper going. Take care and God Bless!

Marla
MJR Soaps

No comments: