Friday, May 17, 2013

Making bags and more bags

Making Small Bags and Medium Bags

For the past week I've been working very diligently on making small bags and medium bags. I have my count up to 120 on the small bags and 35 on the medium. I also purchased regular size paper shopping bags and stamped my logo on them. It's amazing how much time and effort have gone into these bags! And just think, I will give them all away!
Small Bags bundled in 20 each
Medium bags in progress


Here's all three sizes
Medium Bags waiting for me to do the bottoms


  Making bags is tedious and time consuming but I already had the paper and needed bags so this seemed like a good use of my time. Once all the paper is gone I will probably order bags from U-line next time! This way it only cost me the glue since I already had the scrap book paper, and I got that at half price from Hobby Lobby! My husband uses twine from Home Centers and donated the twine to me for handles-it worked quite well!

I received a partial shipment on soap supplies and am waiting on another shipment to come in. Then I will be back to making more soap! :)   I also received some supplies to make some pest repellent. I will do one similar to Natural Bug Repellent safe for babies and kids  but without the almond oil and I will add Cajeput EO and catnip EO. (It works better to use as many from the mint family as you can.) I use pure water, witch hazel and about 50 drops of various essential oils. We have a lot of bugs here by Nolin Lake and need to use something daily to keep from being ate up. I prefer natural to "Deep Woods Off" type of sprays that are full of chemicals. So off I go to finish the bottoms of the remaining bags. Have a great day and God Bless!

Marla Riedling
MJR Soaps

No comments: