Sunday, March 24, 2013

Nothing like a rainy day in Kentucky



Nothing like a rainy day in Kentucky, I stayed warm and dry and put myself to work making some new cold processed soap. Today I did a Peacock Swirl. It turned out very pretty I think. It's still setting up. Tomorrow I'll unmold and cut it. Colors were done with rose clay, green clay, paprika, charcoal and plain. I've seen these in soap shops and wanted to give them a try.

I used a slow moving recipe but it seems like it's setting up well. Making soap is like bringing the sunshine indoors! I don't even mind the rain when I get to play! I will post the pictures after it's cut.




When first cut it looked like this:



Here are some photos after it has been curing for a few weeks. It did darken like I expected from the vanilla lace. Smells divine! The paprika, rose clay, green clay and charcoal are still beautiful! I will do this soap again!

No comments: