Friday, April 19, 2013

Making Tiger Striped Soap Balls

A soap I made in January is finally hard enough to
shave, it was one of those soaps that was starting to set too fast so I added water to slow it down. It has taken a while to cure out the excess water. At long last they seem fairly solid. There was a huge pile of shavings because I had problems getting it out of the mold-it was too soft, and had to cut it in the mold. Pieces were crooked and messy. I used a hand planer I borrowed from my husbands tools. Maybe I should buy a soap shaver for the future! ;)

Altogether I made 59 little striped soap balls! They will be cute embeds! 

       Today is Marty's (my husband) birthday! We will head in to Louisville to run some errands and this evening will meet up with the kids and have dinner at Texas Roadhouse-we get free appetizers for our birthday so always end up going twice in April! I like their wonderful steaks, seasoned just right and usually cooked to perfection. Have a great day, I know mine will be, I'll be with my best friend and we always have a great time together. :)

No comments: