Friday, March 18, 2016

Mango Rim Soap for Soap Challenge

I've made several rim soaps and have been having fun with it! So when the Soap Challenge of the month was rim soaps I thought what the heck and signed up.

The outside of rim I forgot to take pictures! I will film it next time. The rim is black, white, orange,and pink. It was poured from the corner, spun and then skewered. The inside has some orange and Mango Fragrance oil. Using a Pringles can cut to 6" with the top taped on with electrical tape:


This is after I unmolded the soap:





The soap is a single layer on parchment paper on a cookie pan. It was in the oven for 2 hours and I think it got too hot! Since I don't CPOP anything's possible. I put it in the freezer overnight and in the morning put it between 2 sheets of freezer paper, rolled it using a rolling pin and put it in the Pringles can. I pressed the seams together the best I could and made the inside soap.

The Rim was made with shortening, coconut, almond and castor oil. (I don't keep palm oil on hand which is why I used shortening) We were told not to use the other butters however Olga Bashkina has absolutely gorgeous rim soaps and uses lots of butters!  My inside recipe was Coconut, Olive, Almond, Cocoa Butter and Castor oils. I added mango fragrance (NG) to the inside and the soap smells wonderful!

Here are photos of the cut soaps:


Lots of vibrant color! Hopefully these will sell at the craft fair I'm going to in April.

It was a fun challenge as I don't do round soaps! It's been 5 years since I made my grandchildren round bubble gum soaps. Many thanks to Amy Waldron and Tatsiana Serko for this months challenge!

Hope you give it a try! I'm going back to rectangular rims! I'm doing one for the 4th of July that should be a blast!

God bless!

Marla Riedling
MJR Soaps

No comments: