Saturday, January 23, 2016

Making a Rimmed soap

I've seen several round rimmed soaps that I thought were really neat. I decided to give it shot only for my rectangular molds.

First I poured the outside:


After letting it harden I cut it to fit my mold, then cut off a 3.5 inch piece for the top. (I will post a video soon!) I then peeled it off the paper and placed it decoration side down in the mold and pressed it down. I let that harden overnight.

Next I made a soap for the inside. As far as measurements go, I took 20% of a normal batch of soap for the outside rim and 75% of a batch for the inside. I had plenty left over and made cute soap balls that will go in some future soap. 

For scent I used 4 Leaf Clover which I really like! It is such a nice clean scent, fresh and invigorating! (From http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/ )

Here is the finished product:





 I intend to try another one soon! It was fun and challenging too! Thanks to Tastsiana Serko
and Jelena for the cool idea! Their rimmed soaps are gorgeous!

I'll keep at it until mine are just as pretty rectangles! :)

Hope your 2016 is going great so far! God bless!


Marla Riedling
MJR Soaps














1 comment:

Angie T. said...

These look so cool! Please be sure to post a the video..I can't wait to see the technique! Great colors too..well done !