Monday, July 1, 2013

Not reaching the soap lovers...



Not much happening in Kentucky right now. I tried going to a Farmer's Market twice. The first time there were very few booths and only about 86 people showed up. I sold about 12 bars of soap and a few hearts. So I heard they had a big turnout 3 weeks back so I tried again. I sold 5 bars. I'm not sure if people just don't care about all natural organic soap or what! Very discouraging. I will be seeking some different venues around the area and see if I can find one that will move this soap!

Etsy has very slow. Just haven't sold much soap through them. Has anyone else had issues like this? How can I reach the right people? These soaps are wonderful for the skin and body, there is so much love that goes in to every batch I make! The smells in my shop are so nice and there is nothing I love more than planning new soaps! My skin looks and feels soft, supple and healthy since I started using my soaps exclusively. I even use them on my hair. Maybe I need to find someone who will help me market my soap?

I'm thinking about opening an Ebay store...more on that later. :)

1 comment:

Angie T. said...

I know how you feel, we probably all do. I didn't start selling until just about one year ago. It was great at the holidays, but of course after that just people who already love what I do. I did my first market Sat and I made about $50, which I felt positive about. The other vendors told me it was a slow day so I was encouraged about next time. I guess people just don't get as excited as I do about soap:) I did meet a few people who are "like me" and that made me happy.

I just started my Etsy - I only have a couple of things on it so far. There are just SO many people who make soap - so many choices.
I just want to try and get myself visible locally and I'm happy for that now. I'm as busy as I want to be for now until Xmas!